Please paste this brief survey as your first blog post for this class with answers to the questions below - and feel free to add anything else you think might be relevant.
Who Are You?
Name: What year?
- Where are you from?
- Why did you come to the University of Florida?
- Why are you taking this course (besides the fact it is required)?
- Outside interests, hobbies, avocations, things you love to do?
- Tell me one interesting thing about you – something that makes you unique.
- Are you the first person in your family to attend a university?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being top-notch, how would you rate your knowledge of grammar, punctuation and AP style?
- On the same scale, how would you rate your skills with working with InDesign and PhotoShop and with online media in general?
- What online skills do you feel you are proficient at?
- Where do you get most of your news?
- What books are you reading and have read in the last three months?
- Career Goals? Be specific as possible. Elaborate a bit.
- What magazines, newspapers and news Web sites do you read regularly?
- What is your favorite Web site?
- Do you blog?
- Do you have any media/communication experience? If so, what?
- Are you pursuing a media related internship or job at this time?
- Do you have an updated resume in your files?